An entire lockdown has been imposed within the Kamrup district for 14 days since June 28 following a surge within the variety of coronavirus circumstances in Guwahati metropolis.
Individuals wait in queue for ration whereas sustaining social distancing in Kamrup district, Assam. (Photograph: PTI)
The Assam authorities has allowed sure relaxations in the course of the ongoing lockdown in Kamrup (Metro) district, from July 5 to 12, Chief Secretary Kumar Sanjay Krishna stated on Saturday. Guwahati metropolis falls below the identical district
An entire lockdown has been imposed within the district for 14 days since June 28 following a surge within the variety of Covid-19 circumstances in Guwahati metropolis.
Guwahati metropolis has reported 2,114 coronavirus circumstances. In line with the relaxations, grocery outlets are allowed to function between 11 am and four pm on July eight and eight with the deputy commissioner issuing requisite directives to make sure solely 20 per cent of all outlets are allowed to open on any day, he stated in an order issued on Saturday. Different directives embody:
- Shopkeepers and clients shall must put on masks, hand gloves and preserve social distancing and the accountability of upkeep of social distancing will probably be on the shopowners and failure to take action will probably be considered very severely and will entail abstract closure of defaulting outlets.
- The wholesalers of grocery gadgets are allowed to replenish shares of shops on July 5 and 7 between three pm and 6 pm however no retail sale will probably be allowed throughout this era.
- Actions regarding important gadgets provide from and to Meals Company of India (FCI) institutions shall be allowed to function however it can make sure that social distancing is maintained whereas loading/unloading of products and that autos carrying items to different districts proceed to locations with none stoppage inside (Kamrup Metro) district.
- Home to accommodate sale of vegetables and fruit will probably be allowed between eight am and a couple of pm on Monday and Wednesday however no roadside merchandising of fruit, vegetable, fish and different commodities will probably be allowed.
- Actions associated to wholesale distribution of medicines and medical gear shall be allowed between 10 am and three pm on Monday and Wednesday.
- Veterinary clinics, veterinary medication outlets are allowed to function on all days between 10 am and four pm whereas feed outlets are allowed to function on Monday and Wednesday.
- E-commerce distribution actions are allowed between 11 am and four pm on July 10 solely.
- Solely 10 per cent of publish places of work and Life Insurance coverage Company places of work are allowed to function with solely 10 per cent employees.
- All different restrictions imposed by the earlier order on June 26 saying the lockdown shall stay in place, the order said.
#Assam #Govt #relaxations #lockdown #Guwahati #Kamrup