A government whistleblower who had an important role in the FBI probe into Hillary Clinton email scandal said that he and his family faced threatening “blowback” from Clinton’s associates. He also said they’ve told him that he will lose his job if Hillary Clinton won the elections.
Former Intelligence Community Inspector General Charles McCullough in an interview on “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” said, “There was personal blowback. Personal blowback to me, to my family, to my office.”
McCullough was an Obama appointee with 20 years of experience in the FBI, who was in control of 17 intelligence agencies, including the Treasury Department and in the intelligence community.
McCullough said the backlash was even worse after his testimony in 2016 January before the Republicans took over the foreign affairs committee and Senate intelligence.
“All of a sudden I became a shill of the right,” McCullough stated. “I was told by members of Congress, ‘Be careful. You’re losing your credibility. You need to be careful. There are people out to get you.’”
McCullough claimed that his boss, then-Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, saw problems in the independent discoveries regarding the classification of the Clinton emails.
McCullough told Clapper during one meeting about a year before the 2016 election, “This is extremely reckless,” adding “something about — the campaign … will have heartburn about that.”
“(Clapper) was as off-put as the rest of us were,” stated McCullough.
After he met with Clapper, McCullough stated that this team was being marginalized.
“I was told by senior officials to keep (Clapper) out of it,” McCullough pointed out.
In August 2015, Clinton campaign said that Hillary “only used her account for unclassified email. When information is reviewed for public release, it is common for information previously unclassified to be upgraded to classified.”
McCullough opposed the campaign’s claims, saying that the investigation into the emails had just started.
“There was an effort … certainly on the part of the campaign, to mislead people into thinking that there was nothing to see here,” McCullough stated.
McCullough saw that the 22 top secret emails, some even containing a Special Access Program information, were “above top secret.”
“There was a very good reason to withhold those emails … there would have been harm to national security,” McCullough stated, pointing out that “sources and methods, lives and operations” could have been in jeopardy.
As the 2016 presidential election was approaching, McCullough was threatened even more, along with one other senior government investigator who was investigating Clinton emails.
“It was told in no uncertain terms, by a source directly from the campaign, that we would be the first two to be fired — with (Clinton’s) administration. That that was definitely going to happen,” he stated.
“I was, in this context, a whistleblower. I was explaining to Congress — I was doing exactly what they had expected me to do. Exactly what I promised them I would do during my confirmation hearing,” he said. “This was a political matter, and all of a sudden I was the enemy.”
According to then- FBI Director James Comey, more than 2,000 of the 30,490 emails Clinton gave to the State Department in December 2014 had classified information.
McCullough said that if he handled classified information similarly, “I’d be sitting in Leavenworth (penitentiary) right now.”
But in this case, no one was charged.
— Fox News (@FoxNews) November 28, 2017
Like us on Facebook – USA Liberty News
Please share this post on Facebook with your thoughts.
What is your opinion on this? Scroll down to comment below!